Honors Gender, Representation and Culture

This Honors Gender, Representation and Culture class filled the aesthetic expressions pillar. I took this course with Dr. Waggoner. This course was very similar to my film analysis class as I had to look at many different artifacts and create analysis of them. This course was different then all my other honor courses as the majority of the class was not honors. The class was very challenging as we had to do many analyses of movies, books and events that looked at issues surrounding gender, representation and culture. However, I am very interested in women rights and minority rights, and found this class very interesting to follow along with. However, the in-class activities and lectures were quite boring and lacked a connection with the students. Also, with the Coronavirus pandemic hitting the transition to online was very confusing and it was hard to follow along with the course material and assignments. I do not feel I learned as much as I could of, but I did find many of the artifacts, we looked at interesting and different. Something I learned about myself is that I do better in classrooms rather than being online. I enjoy being around other students and being in-person with my professors. The artifact presented below demonstrates an analysis of the hashtag movement, #LikeAGirl, where I looked across different platforms of social media on issues on women in sports. This paper was one of my honor credits in the course where the material learned is demonstrated very well.