Introduction To Psychology

Introduction to Psychology filled the Scientific Reasoning Pillar. I took this course with Professor Riggs-Gutierrez. This class was also a requirement for my Psychology major. Overall, I really enjoyed this class. I was very nervous for this class because it was textbook heavy and required a lot of reading. I do not do well with extensive reading followed by a quiz because I tend to not remember what I read. I struggled at the beginning of the course because I was struggling with comprehending the readings and doing well on the quizzes on them. However, I learned the power of communication among the teacher and other students in the class. I talked to other students, along with my teacher, and asked for advice on how the readings can become easier to understand and smoother to read. After getting multiple different strategies. I started to learn more and do better on the readings and quizzes. I was surprised how well I did in the class for the amount of readings there were, but I learned to trust myself and find different way to do the things I do not find as fun. This has also taught be not be afraid to ask others for help and get to know the students around me, and I have continued this to my other class which has helped me succeed. This class consisted of lots of PowerPoint learning and note taking which can be quite boring, but there were lots of videos and diagrams that helped me comprehend the material better. Psychology has always been a big interest of mine, and this class clarified my passion for it. All the different objectives that fall under psychology are really interesting to me and this interest really helped my success in the class. I overall learned a lot about myself from this course and a lot about college courses from this class. This artifact below is my research report that I had to later present in front of the class. I did my research report on parenting and childhood, which is a big psychology topic I am very interested in. I believe this report dives into the complexity of psychology and the importance of it too.