Enhancement Project Reflection

My sophomore year at Longwood University was done through one of the toughest times throughout the whole globe, the COVID-19 pandemic. This pandemic took over, controlled and restricted all populations throughout the world. COVID-19 was a highly infectious disease outbreak that usually cause mild to moderate upper-respiratory tract illnesses, like the common cold. However, in this case, the disease caused severe illness and even death. Therefore, almost all public areas were closed off or restricted causing quarantine among every world region. This overall lead to the cause of virtual/online school, which had a huge impact on my education. I personally learn best from being in person, and listening and seeing the teacher’s lectures and examples. It gives me motivation and a set place to learn and advance. So, this virtual schooling set me back, and was very difficult for me. At the same time, life around me was very difficult as the things I usually do were being taken away and closed off. The COVID-19 time period left me very stressed and lost, and I did not know how I was going to manage and get through it. However, I have grown expediently through this year, and I am so proud of myself. I experience teletherapy, which was very helpful and helped me through my stress and depression during the pandemic. It took a lot of courage and will power to take part of therapy and I am so happy and proud that I went through with it, because it helped me greatly and allowed me to be as successful as I was throughout this past year. For example, in school, I taught myself new strategies and resources to allow myself to experience my full academic potential. I had to work extra hard through online school, as it was something new to me, but I learned how to be adaptable and experience school through a new mindset and camera lens. I have challenged myself, grown as a student and showed myself that I can do it! I finished with all As in both challenging semesters, and it shows that all my growth and hard work through this challenging year payed off.