Exercise Is Medicine

Exercise Is Medicine filled the Human Behavior and Social Institutions Pillar. I took this course with Professor Ewing. I am personally really passionate about exercising and sports is a huge part of my life. This class was immediately interesting to me and I was super excited for the course. As I predicted, I was right. I loved this class! This was my first ever college class, and I was super nervous. Professor Ewing made me feel very welcome to the college setting and made the course an easy transition. The objectives and material were very interesting, and it came super easy to me. The hands-on activities we did helped me so much and are the things I remember the most. We went to the gym and had multiple classes were there would be demonstrations and lots of times for us to try things out our self. I feel that this is the best way for me to learn, and I believe is why I was successful in this class. However, I also do not feel this class challenged me enough. Of course, every student loves a good, easy test and quiz, however, I feel that a test allows you to challenge your knowledge of the material. The test and quizzes were all open note, and I do not believe I really put my knowledge to the test and took a lot away from them or the class in general. With this being said, I took away the big picture things rather than the specific detail of things and the little picture material. I also used this class as inspiration for my English 165 essay, and it helped me in many different aspects of my education. Overall, I really enjoyed this class but thought it could be more challenging and required more effort. The artifact below is the Physical Activity Experience where different forms of exercise were encouraged outside of the class. This was one of my favorite activities as I did so many different cool things. This assignment demonstrates the uniqueness of this class and the overall spirit of the class too.