Habitat for Humanity

I had the honor to volunteer with Habitat for Humanity: Piedmont, while working on a house being built. I first worked worked on this project, on one of the first days of the house project, done on MLK day. My coach, Dyer, and I did the yard work and foundation of the the house. We picked up sticks, and made sure the ground around the house was flat. We threw down seed, for grass to grow and develop, and we built a fence!

My next experience was done two month later, when I went back to the same house, but this time with my whole team. We all worked on putting the wall foundations up throughout the house, and finishing up the yard work. The cool think about that visit, is that we got to meet the family that the house was being built for, which was such a rewarding feeling. In addition, we all signed our names on the house, to leave a mark of the time we spend in!

I loved this whole experience, and was very thankful to be able to help out twice, and see the progress throughout the way. I will definitely be working with the Habitat for Humanity again in the near future.