Sports Psychology

This Sports Psychology course filled my major requirements, where I enhanced the course to fulfill a honor’s class. I took this course with my advisor, Dr. Jimenez, where she agreed and worked with me on my enhancement. For this course, we learned all about the psychological knowledge and skills that addressed optimal performance, well-being, development and history surrounding sports and exercise. However, I got the honor to dive into a specific sports psychology topic of my choice and create a semester long project on it, that I then presented to the class at the end of the semester.

The topic I choose to examine was coaching. Coaches came up multiple times throughout this course, as coaches have a huge impact on athletes. I dove into the positives/negatives of coaching, the desirable qualities of a coach, some advice from previous coaches I know, and examples of good historical coaching. Th PowerPoint I mad and presented is attached below.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1DD3Ot8IasXRhAncdbePoT_D2pAlHuyJa7RIROz0TIGc/edit?usp=sharing

I loved this class, as it related to my life and my passions greatly. It was very cool to see things that I normally see on a day to day basis, described in detail. I had difficulty completing this project throughout the semester, as it was something additional to do. I kept pushing it off to the side, and procrastinating on it. However, once I decided that i really needed to start working on it, I made sure to schedule time in my calendar to work on the project, in which I completed it in a timely manner. I really enjoyed this class as a whole as I thought it was the right amount of challenging and fun that allowed me to stay focused and engaged throughout the course.