Cultural Anthropology

Cultural Anthropology filled the Historical and Contemporary Pillar. I took this course with professor Dalton. Overall, I thought this class was very boring and the work we did was very extensive. I found it challenging to stay focused in class both at Longwood and online after the Coronavirus pandemic. The class was only reading off the PowerPoint, listening and take notes. I learned I do not do best with strictly a read and write lecture. I tend to learn best through examples, hands on activities and short video clips. I also do not well with long textbook readings and remembering the information. I wish this class dove more into different cultures and examples of anthropologist findings. However, I did enjoy looking into my own family history, so I found in easier to write the essays strictly on my findings. The artifact below displays my final essay which combines all my previous essays in the class in one. I found this piece very interesting as in show places my own family history. However, I felt that this was all I learned and did in the class. I wish we would of focus on more of the material where I could grow a better understanding of anthropology.