General Education Courses

General Education courses are classes that everyone working toward a degree must take in order to fulfill each “goal” for their graduation.

With each degree, the classes and their subjects change. Because I am technically an English major, I have to take several English classes during my time at Longwood, in several different levels (from 200-level to 400-level). I also have to take the necessary Education courses in order to gain my licensure in teaching to, one day, become an English teacher.

In addition to classes specific to my English Education major, I also have to take a couple math classes, a science class, a physical wellness course, etc. Within each General Education goal, there is a list of several classes that will satisfy each specific goal. Students can choose between science classes that cover a specific category of the subject or math classes that vary in level of difficulty.

Under this tab are the General Education classes I have completed thus far. They include both courses I can use in my future career as an English teacher and other courses Longwood deems important to all students.