About Me

Hi, my name is Bryana Woodson. I am a senior at Longwood University in Farmville, Virginia and a member of the Cormier Honors College Class of 2021.

I am studying English Education in hopes of one day becoming a middle school English teacher, because I believe that words have the immense power to change just about anything.

I chose Longwood University as my educational home for higher education because of their stellar education program and because the atmosphere is so close-knit and connected to each and every individual on campus.

In my spare time, I attend and help out at Chi Alpha (one of the Christian ministries on campus) and I also lead worship regularly with New Life Church at both of our locations in Farmville and Blackstone, Virginia.

I was first interested in Honors because of its three pillars: community, service, and scholarship. I’ve held those three ideals in high regard throughout my education as well as my everyday life. Through the Honors College I have had so many fantastic opportunities and met so many wonderful people.

It’s definitely bittersweet to think that I only have a short time left in my undergraduate degree, but if these pages will show anything, it’s that the university and its people have become an everlasting home-away-from-home for me!

“Hail to Longwood U!”

Bryana Mckenzie Woodson