Goal 1: Longwood Seminar (LSEM 100)

Longwood seminar fulfills goal 1. The class focussed around teaching you how to be a college student. Everyone at Longwood is required to take this class their first semester. For honors this class not only teaches you how to be a college student, but also how to navigate and meet the requirements of the honors program.

I enjoyed this class because it answered common questions everyone has about college. For example, “How to email professors”, “where different places on campus are”, and “how do I fulfill my honors requirements”. My biggest takeaway from this class was how it taught me “how to college”. I was very nervous to start at Longwood and this class eased me into it and always helped me with any problems that I had.

My favorite part about this class was writing a paper on civil discourse because it reminded me of how respect for one another can go a long way. The paper made me actively think about how what I say can affect others. I think it was a perfect way to learn how to respect other opinions when interacting in controversial discussions in class.

Loader Loading...
EAD Logo Taking too long?

Reload Reload document
| Open Open in new tab

Download [107.21 KB]