Goal 8: Contemporary Social Problems (SOCL 102)

Contemporary social problems is one of my sociology major requirements, but it fulfills my goal 8 of my general education goals when looking at my psychology degree. This class taught about different social problems we experience today and what qualifies it to be a social problem.

Throughout this course I learned a lot about what causes social problems an how the affect the world today. We also learned about different sociological theories about each social problem. Throughout this class we wrote five different papers. I wrote four papers on general social problems, causes of poverty, Native American culture, and causes of crime. These let me go in deeper research of each problem and learn why they happen and how they can be fixed. The fifth paper was on a book we read throughout the semester. The book is The Macho Paradox by Katz. It is about men’s violence against women. I found this book to be very interesting because it pertained to groups of people who I want to help. My paper discussed Katz’s ideas, the MeToo movement and ways to change men’s violence.

Loader Loading...
EAD Logo Taking too long?

Reload Reload document
| Open Open in new tab

Download [97.78 KB]