2.3

Evaluate and interpret data in scientific literature and other sources.

• 288 review paper
  • LST proposal

Being able to interpret data from other papers, and not your own, is important for future research, or even to understand where gaps in the research occur. Often you find review papers, that contain all the information that the author(s) could find based on a certain topic, and place it all into one paper. This allows the reader to not have to go searching for this information when doing research. The data that is provided is important, or else it wouldn’t have been published.

One example of how I evaluated data from scientific literature was through writing a review paper of my own. This paper was a review on different Ophthalmic tests that are performed to help diagnose diseases, disorders, or to monitor them as well. In the end, I found 22 papers that were useful in writing this review, but I had to go through each one to determine what kind of information I needed, or was useful, for this kind of review. The review paper is located below.

Another example of how I evaluated and interpreted data from other scientific sources is when I wrote a research proposal. My second semester as a junior, I had to perform literature research to give information on why I wanted to perform a specific research project. Interpreting the data that other scientists had gathered was important for this specific project because that data would help to further help defend my proposal as to why this research should be performed. The proposal paper is located below as well.

In my future, evaluating and interpreting data from other sources is going to be important to determine whether I believe the science to be useful in helping my patients in the future. If I don’t understand what other doctors or scientists had found in their papers, then I can’t help my patients with bettering their lifestyle.

Loader Loading…
EAD Logo Taking too long?

Reload Reload document
| Open Open in new tab

https://longwood.box.com/s/y18qxhw5s5yxlf5katok9rfmnfogokra