Segovia Spain is known for having the largest aqueduct in Spain and many people would think that’s the only thing in Segovia to do. Well today I’m going to give you a list of unusual things to go see in Segovia, Spain. Everyone loves money so why not visit a mint. The Coining House was a mint built in the year 1586 so King Philip the 2nd could convert silver coins to Spanish pieces of eight. What is really cool about this mint in particular is that all the machines were based off of the famous inventor Lenordo da Vinci. After making coins for several decades the mint house was turned into a flour factory in 1878. Today the mint is an active museum that the whole family can visit.

I don’t know about you but whenever I am traveling I love to look at the food options for next we have a few of the top rated restaurants in Segovia Spain. For our first restaurant it is called Restaurante Pasapán. They serve food that ranges from Mediterranean to Spanish. They are Tripadvisor certified and have over 540 reviews with an average of 4.5/5 stars. 

What is your favorite beverage to drink when going to an early morning class or meeting? Coffee you say, well lucky for you Segovia has a spot. This coffee and tea bakery is called L’espressino. They serve everything from pastries and donuts to beagles. This cafe is located only 0.6 miles from the aqueduct so it’s in close proximity to everything. Also on Tripadvisor they are ranked 4/11 of the coffee and tea shops in the city of Segovia. They have a 5.0 star rating and provide dine-in service too. 

The night life in the city is also really popular with several bars and clubs. The place I am going to talk about is a disco club that has great reviews. Located in the heart of Segovia the club is called Canavans-Theatre Segovia. This club is open till 3am and tends to operate all days of the week. 

If clubbing isn’t your thing, there are several parks to go and either drink your coffee or do homework with your friends. Some of the prettiest looking parks around is the Hontanilla Park. The park sits at the bottom of an old military facility. It also is located downtown of Segovia. To finish off our list we are going to end with skiing. Yes I said skiing, you can go skiing or snowboarding depending which you choose.

La Hontanilla

This can be done at Puerto De Cotos, now this does depend on the time of year you are here but it definitely is an unusual activity to go do with friends outside of class.

I hope this small guide helps you find activities to do that you normally wouldn’t have thought of doing in Segovia. If you are wanting to look deeper into some of the actives listed or see more picture feel free to click on the links in the text to see more.