OATSymposiumn Saturday, March 11, 2017, I attended and presented at the Assistive Technology Symposium called CollaborATe: A Transdisciplinary Approach to Assistive Technology through the Lifespan at Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU. As a speech-language pathology student, I focus a lot on assistive technology as augmentative and alternative communication and forget about other types of technology that can help individuals. I liked being able to hear from a teenager who uses several types of assistive technology and from her mother about cheap, effective ways to create assistive technology for her daughter. I also attended a session on GoogleChrome extensions that can be used in the classroom to help those with reading and writing difficulties. This was an interesting perspective because using extensions allows for more flexibility and variety than some of the standard software programs. Finally, I presented a poster, titledĀ Accuracy of Speech Recognition Software (Apple versus Samsung): A Pilot Study, along with four of my peers. This project was conducted during our augmentative and alternative communication course, so it was nice to be able to share our results with professionals.