VSRAIMG_2752

This weekend I attended the Virginia State Reading Conference in Richmond, Virginia.  This conference was packed with a speakers and sessions we could attend to help grow our professional knowledge of teaching literacy in the classroom.  It was a great learning and networking experience for me.  I was not only able to attend informative sessions that have given me  tools to use in my future classroom, but I was able to network and meet teacher, students, administrators, and reading specialists from all over the state.  I gained so much new knowledge from this conference.  Each session gave me new tools, resources and ideas to use in my classroom.  The vendors their also supplied me with books and resources to use in my future classroom.  The most rewarding experience was being able to present at the conference.  My partner and I presented on literacy centers in the classroom.  We had a packed house of 60+ people.  This experience allowed me to strengthen my public speaking skills as well give me practice into what I will be doing as a reading specialist or teacher.  After our session was over we were even asked to present to a group of teachers in a surrounding county.  We both were very proud of our work and were glad that people got a lot out of our session.  Attending this conference was a great experience and has really supplied me with tools that will grow my knowledge as a student and teacher.   I cannot wait to began using what I learned this weekend in my own classroom.