Professional/Personal Growth

May 2020

I was slated to complete an internship this summer, but due to COVID-19 this opportunity was lost for this summer. In this time I have been moving towards a leadership role on my team.  have done this by being a voice for the incoming girls, connecting the team with a life-coach, and other training resources. On Memorial Day, I organized a Murph Challenge with the team and had a great turnout. The Murph is a workout created by Navy Seal Michael Murphy who was killed in action in Afghanistan in 2005. The workout is run one mile, do 300 squats, 200 push-ups, 100 pull-ups, and then run another mile. I also helped organize a summer book club where we will be reading Wolfpack, by Abby Wambach. This book is a short one, written by a professional soccer player and gold medalist, about what she has learned as a woman in athletics. I haven’t read it yet, but she takes the reader through eight or so lessons she learned and advice she has for young female athletes.

June 2021

I really don’t have anything to report for professional development at the moment. I applied to over 30 internships this past semester but with no luck. I did have an interview with Virginia Senator Mark Warner’s people, which was great opportunity to practice my skills. I am still working on what I will be doing this summer.