NURS 210

Loader Loading...
EAD Logo Taking too long?

Reload Reload document
| Open Open in new tab

Download [892.35 KB]

Attached is a PDF to one of the many heath assessments completed during Fall 2019 in my Nursing 210: Health Assessment Across the Lifespan class. The assessment was conducted on my lab partner. Had this been a real assessment and not a practice this would not be posted due to a violation of HIPPA. In an effort to minimize that even in a classroom setting all personal identifiers are blacked out. In this class I learned many different physical assessments from the head all the way down to the toes. This assessment is specifically focusing on the head, face, and neck region. Each aspect of the assessment is necessary and important in nursing care. Other physical examination assessments include; skin, hair, and nails; eyes; ears; nose, mouth, and throat; breasts, axillae, and regional lymphatics; thorax and lungs; heart and neck vessels; peripheral vascular system and lymphatic system; abdomen; musculoskeletal system; neurologic system; male genitourinary system; anus, prostate, and rectum; and female genitourinary system.

As of Fall 2019, this has to be my hardest class yet. This was the first class where we dove right into NCLEX style questions which included select all that apply. This class really taught me how to clinically think to prepare me for the clinical setting. It taught me basic skills that i needed to know upon entering a patients room. It taught me how to be comfortable touching, examining, and getting close to patients that may even be my age. It taught me that everybody is different. This things that I have learned from this course will carry with me. I remember one day after an exam I went straight to my professors office and let out all of my feelings because I didn’t think that I could get through, but that was not the case. This class taught me the importance of hard work and that if you really want something you have to go get it. I hope to take with me what I have learned to the rest of my classes, my life in general, and incoming students who will soon take this class and even other classes. Short term, I hope to continue to use these skills and grow upon them in the clinical setting.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.