Longwood wins first VAHPERD Trivia Bowl!

While taking a year off from teaching and returning to Longwood for a masters in adapted physical education, I looked forward to attending this year’s state conference. VAHPERD is always on the cutting edge offering many different insights into the different aspects of physical education. By far my favorite session I attended while at VAHPERD was meeting with the Sun Wheelers, a wheelchair basketball team; not only did I learn about wheelchair basketball but I also got to play it! From sessions like “inclusion in action” to “utilizing evidence-based practices to teach motor skills to children with Autism spectrum disorder”, I was able to come away with such valuable knowledge that I can’t wait to return to my school district and share these new ideas. In addition to sitting in on sessions that have enhanced my understanding of adapted physical education, I had the chance to witness Longwood’s undergraduates win the first ever VAHPERD trivial bowl! Overall it was a great weekend and I can’t wait to return next year see what’s new in the world of physical education.