Study Abroad Plan/Reflection

I’d like to dedicate this spot on my portfolio to speak about my plans for study abroad. Ideally, I would like to have my study abroad be related to either my computer science major, or my math minor. However, my biggest priority is to use this opportunity to go somewhere I realistically would never have the chance to go to again later in life, or at least it would be highly impractical to do so. As such, I would like to visit a place such as Australia or New Zealand. With this in mind, my plan is as follows:

1. I will first get in touch with my various math and computer science professors about possible study abroad opportunities for the next coming summer relating to either my major or my minor. This gives me a good idea of where I should go if I want a course relating to my career goals.
  2. Consult a study abroad advisor on what sorts of programs, travel agency’s, and price ranges would be the best for me. Combining this, along with the input from my professors and my own personal preferences, I should have a reasonable idea of where I would be going, and what I would be doing at this point.
  3. Financial preparation. This includes my own personal savings, seeking out scholarships and discounts, planning my spending during the trip, and anything else involving my own finances for this trip.
  4. Get a passport.

I am still unsure as to where exactly I’ll be going, and what I will be doing, but having this plan laid out, even if it is basic at the moment, both helps me keep track of things, and it allows you all to see what I’m thinking with regards to this.