Journal Entry Four

I received a 9 in task and a 10 in people. My U of M leadership style is primarily surgency. My Leadership Grid style is primarily 7.2, 4.8. the question states that it should be similar to the 3-1 self-assessment. It is not. I am considered between middle of the road leadership and authority compliance leadership style, My OSU leadership style is primarily, My LMP is primarily… I honestly do not know how to answer these questions, my results do not add up to what the textbook says they should. My motivating factors was 28 and maintenance factors 17.

The results surprised me due to my results fluctuating and not being what it should be. The textbook said that my results would be similar to each other and they are not.  I answered as honest as I could. This information will impact me as a social worker by demonstrating that I can be and do what is needed. Since my scores are different and flex depending on the assessment, I feel that I can be versatile when it comes to leadership positions and the need for a leader.

I do feel being a leadership is a great role for me, but I do not think I am ready to take on a leadership role. I need to learn to be a follower before I can be a leader. I have an issue with control and learning to do things someone else’s way. I prefer, personally, to be in control, this can be a strength and a weakness. I need to learn to be more accommodating and open to letting others take the strive to leadership. Although, I tend to have to take the leadership role as there are times when no one else will. Such as with my mother’s situation, my group project for methods II and so on. I even had to reorganize my methods III google doc because I cannot handle disorganization. I have the qualities to make a good, if not great leader, I just feel I need to learn to follow before I can lead.