General Education Courses

Through these pages are the general education courses I have completed through my time here at Longwood. They can be found through the drop down menu under “General Education Courses”.

Goal 10- SPAN 201

In the spring of 2018 I took the class Spanish 201 as a part of my goal 10 requirement. I went into the class ready to get the class over with because I knew Spanish was something I found interesting, but not interesting enough to take a class in. Despite this mindset, I still tried …

Goal 11- PHED 101

In the spring of 2018 I took PHED 101 to complete my Goal 11 requirement. Through this class, I discovered a detailed understanding of how to be healthy. I took the concepts I learned through this class and have applied them to my everyday way of living in order to try and lead a healthier …

Goal 4- MUSC 224

I took this class in the Spring of 2019. This class covered my general education goal number 4. Through this class I was able to learn about music throughout time periods such as the baroque period, the classical period, and the modern times. We also learned about important elements of music such as pitch, tempo, …

Goal 7-HIST 150

I took this class in the Spring of 2020 in order to fulfill my goal 7 requirement. This class focused on cultural history from prehistoric times to the 15th century. In this class we learned about different important people and cultures throughout history. We often analyzed primary sources from each time period and discussed them …