TED-Style Talk

For this project, I focused on using the rhetorical appeals of ethos, pathos, and logos to convince the audience to spend more time outdoors. I did some research on what’s been coined as Nature Deficit Disorder; a theory which argues that a lack of time outdoors causes mental and physical health issues. To convince my audience of this issue, I appealed to ethos. I established my credibility as someone who has spent a lot of time outdoors. I went over all of the clubs I’m involved with on campus and some of the trips I’ve been able to take with them. I then moved to logos, an appeal to reason. I cited some studies and statistics on the health benefits of spending time outdoors. Lastly, I appealed to emotion through speaking about the way the outdoors has helped me personally. I was able to practice my oral communication skills and conduct research for this project. I received a lot of questions at the end of my presentation so I think that the audience was also interested in this topic.

Loader Loading…