Religion 342

The subheading for this course is Religion and Literature. Out of all of the classes I’ve taken at Longwood, this was one of the most impactful for me. I felt like the readings were all really important for me to understand, not just for the course but for me personally. Some of my favorite authors were introduced to me through these readings, like Flannery O’Connor and Kierkegaard. Although there was a lot of reading, especially on top of everything else I had to with classes and extracurriculars, I really wished I could have spent more time with this class. Thankfully, I can read on my own and find similar readings but this class just felt so different from most others I’ve taken. This is the final essay that I wrote for the course, on Flannery O’Connors Wise Blood. I’ve read the book a second time since then and also begun her short story collection. This book was published in 1952 and follows a man, Hazel Motes, who struggles with his faith. I really liked this essay when I wrote it, and I had the opportunity to analyze the book from a different perspective recently for another course. My writing has definitely improved since, but I still think this essay is well-written.

Loader Loading…