Citizen 410

I really liked having this class with professor Dolence. Josh Bain, my partner for the class, and I decided to work on proposing a new CTZN 110 outdoor education course with the goal of increasing retention rates at Longwood. We’re both passionate about the outdoors and Josh and I have done a lot with the Outdoor and Rock Climbing clubs. During our research period, we found that when first-year students in college get more involved with the outdoors they’re more likely to stay enrolled at that school. Those students are more likely to connect with others, have better mental health, and do better academically. We demonstrated some of the things that we would teach in that class during our presentation, like campsite selection, setting up a tent, and leave-no-trace principles. Josh and I created a syllabus that goes over the course schedule, outdoor events, and classwork for the semester. Our class is structured as a discussion seminar focused on environmental issues and practical solutions. The course will have students engage in reflection and discourse to refine their ideas and thoughts. Students will acquire the tools to formulate a solution to an environmental issue in the classroom and apply it in the real world.”

Loader Loading…
EAD Logo Taking too long?

Reload Reload document
| Open Open in new tab