Introduction

Hello!

My name is Caydee Wightman and I am halfway through my last year at Longwood University. I am a member of the Cormier Honors College and I am majoring in History with a concentration in Public History and a minor in Art History.

I recently was accepted to the Cooperstown Graduate Program in upstate New York! I will be attending there Fall 2022 to complete my masters in museum studies and get the experience I need to become a professional museum worker!

I decided to major in Public History because it has always been my favorite subject and because my dream is to be a museum educator. I have always loved museums and learning about history, so I thought it would be a great career choice! I would love to work for any kind of museum, however, my dream is to work at an art museum. I love art history and being able to educate the community on what I love most would be my dream job!

I decided to come to Longwood University because when I first visited this school I just felt that it was going to be perfect for me. I love the campus and the students and faculty are the nicest people I have ever met. Since it is my last year here at Longwood, I intend to make the most of it and enjoy the place I have come to consider my home!

This is me at the Longwood Center for the Visual Arts working in the African Art collections!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.