Journal Entry #2

In the Big Five Personality Profile, my strongest dimension was conscientiousness, and my weakest dimension was adjustment. I think these results are accurate in describing my leadership traits because I believe some of my strengths include dependability and integrity. I show up early to class and work, I complete assignments on time, and I follow directions well. I also agree that my weakest trait is adjustment because sometimes I lack confidence in myself, and I do not like change. I enjoy having rules to follow because it tells me exactly what to do, so when I am given little guidance or I have to make a decision, I may get anxious about what to do.

In the Motive Profile Assessment, I scored higher in Need for Achievement, and I scored lowest on Need for Affiliation. Since conscientiousness is associated with the Need for Achievement, these results seem accurate. Although I do want to be liked by others, I do not seek out social validation as a priority. Understanding my motive profile can be useful as a social worker because it helps explain my behavior especially in relation to leadership. This can help me understand what areas of leadership I may excel in and where I can improve. In social work, people can be in a variety of positions and roles like supervisor, manager, coordinator, case worker, etc., and understanding my results from the Motive Profile will help guide me towards what role I would be best suited for.

In the assessment on ethical behavior, I scored high in being ethical. I was honest when completing this assessment, but I was not too surprised with my results. Many of the scenarios seemed outrageous to me and were not anything I would have even thought someone would do, so if the assessment was directed more towards college students, my scores may have been slightly different. As a social worker, I will use this information to be more self-aware of how I behave in leadership roles, and I will use these assessments to help me ensure that my goals are not driven by self-interest.