Closing Thoughts

Completing the weekly self-reflection journals and assessments awarded me the opportunity to self-reflect on my personal and professional strengths and weaknesses in relation to my leadership skills. By utilizing an array of various self-assessments, I was able to understand myself, my leadership, and my followership in a new social work driven and values based perspective. These assessments have contributed towards my increasing competency in social work skills and values such as maintaining integrity and competency by becoming self-aware in how I lead, follow and behave, and using this knowledge to work towards becoming a better leader, follower and social worker.

In creating personal and professional mission statements, I was able to narrow down and create specific goals for myself, as well as objectives to help me meet these goals. I appreciate and value this aspect of the assignment because I respond well to accountability and goal setting. These mission statements reflect my current values and goals in life, and to remind myself of these goals, I will set reminders on my phone for me to see when I wake up each morning before I begin my day. This will be especially helpful as I begin my senior field placement and begin working towards getting my MSW because it will serve as a reminder of what I am working towards both personally and professionally.