Formal Presentation

Another significant aspect of this course was that students were required to present two Formal Presentations. Of important note, one presentation involved presenting a topic individually while the other involved a group presentation. Engaging in both of these projects, I was required to consider various elements ranging from the intended audience all the way to rhetoric strategies that could be implemented to enhance as well as strengthen the overall reception and impact of the material being presented. Additionally, working on these assignments also presented opportunities for me to consider design and formatting elements that could be implemented to bolster the visual appeal of the information being presented.

Addressing how this assignment related to our course outcomes, the Formal Presentation assignments within this class permitted me to gain exposure and experience in serval key areas relating to this topic. Of importance, I had the chance to focus on Course Outcome 1 since both assignments required me to consider the specific rhetorical and situational contexts in which these presentations could possibly occur. Course Outcomes 2 and 4 were also addressed through these projects due to the fact that I was required to construct as well as oversee the creation of documents that adhered to plain English principles as well as design guidelines. Research, under Course Outcome 3, was a further topic covered through these assignments as both extensively required referencing and using outside resources in order to form and support the information covered within the presentations. Finally, these Formal Presentation assignments gave me the opportunity to address Course Outcomes 5 and 6 due to each presentation’s requirements for correctly implementing oral communication as well as collaborative skills.

TED-Style Talk Presentation Assignment:

Loader Loading…

Formal Report Group Presentation:

Loader Loading…