French 111 (Pillar Class)

Growing up I always thought the language of French always sounded so beautiful. So, when I finally entered middle school, I decided to take French. Although the language is still so beautiful, I didn’t realize how hard it would actually be to learn a new language, especially one that is loved by so many. I survived these classes through high and middle school and thought I would never have to speak it again, but then I came to college. I tested into French 111, and I was so nervous because I hadn’t spoken French in almost three years. Madame Bowman was very helpful in easily entering us back in the French world and was willing to help students. I worked really hard in this class and attended weekly office hours to try and maintain my grade. I still struggled with fluently speaking the language, but Dr. Bowman saw my dedication and effort to succeed. I ended the class with an A- and I couldn’t be prouder of myself because I worked so hard for that mark.
Attached I have included one of my writing prompts from the class. Over the course of the class, we wrote four writing pieces all with different topics as a way to work on our French writing skills.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.