Study Abroad, Fall 2019

During the Fall 2019 semester, I studied abroad in Grenoble, France.  I had a requirement with the Honors College to study abroad, and the Department of English and Modern Languages also required me to study abroad for a full semester.  At first, I felt confident, but when I arrived in France, and had spent the first couple of weeks in the country, I had an immense wave of homesickness fall over me, and I have to admit it was the worst 2-3 weeks of my life.  It was the first time I had truly been alone.  There wasn’t anything that I wasn’t missing from home.  Though, with the help of my program coordinators at API International for planning things for me and the other students I was studying abroad with to do, I don’t think I would’ve gotten through that experience as the same person I am today.  I was fortunate enough to travel with 3 of the friends I made while abroad, and we were able to visit Nice, Monaco, Florence, Venice and Milan, all within 1 1/2 weeks.  We also travel around France together with our program directors to many different places.  While I do miss the experiences and friends I made while abroad, I am very glad to be back home.  As well as being an honors requirement, this also counted as my Goal 9 General Education requirement.  Below you will find a PowerPoint presentation I did while abroad for my general Grammar course.  I did this presentation on one of the regions of France; Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azûr, or P.A.C.A.

Loader Loading...

Download [0.00 B]