Honors CTZN 110

Citizen was the first honors class I took. I was so nervous because it had no course description and I wasn’t sure if honors would make it tougher. We were expected to read packets for homework every night, annotate them and take notes. We would then have discussions based off of the packets. This class was aimed at teaching the history of what it means to be a citizen. There were many interesting topics we covered and each topic was summarized by a student in a 3-minute thesis speech. I do not like public speaking, so I had to practice many times which benefited me in the long run. I spoke about sterilization and the beginning of abortion and birth control.

For our final, we each had to pick a topic we were interested most in and research it. We created our own syllabus with a course description, homework assignments and summaries of the packets/videos the students would watch for homework. I chose the topic of child immigration under DACA, so the objective of my course was to explain the rights of immigrant children and how they are citizens.

Attached is my final project- the course syllabus!