Honors ENGL 165

English 165 was my second honors course and it had me equally as scared as my first. I have always felt like I was not a skilled writer, so I was nervous for the level of writing we would be doing. We actually went at a good pace for me and we did a good amount of writing so that I actually enjoyed the class. I became more confident in my writing after taking this class because we had the chance to have conferences with our professor about our papers so that he could give us suggestions and feedback. We even had groups in class who would read over our papers, review them and make notes on what was done well and what needed improvement. Throughout the year, we read other writers’ works to understand how to write persuasive research papers and personal essays. We even had a project at the end of the year that we made up ourselves. We could make comics, take pictures, write poems or take videos. We could do anything that related back to our personal essay. The personal essay was very hard for me to write because I never know how to make it not sounds cheesy, but my professor reassured me that I was doing a great job! I have always been good at writing research papers, so this class helped me improve even more.

Attached is my persuasive research paper about women’s roles in the Catholic Church!