JSHS 2020 Virginia Region – Longwood University
January 4, 2021 – Registration opens
- Teachers register online and nominate/select students.
- Nominated/selected students will register online.
Students must send an electronic version of their abstract (up to 250 words) and original research paper (between 6 – 20 pages) in pdf form to JSHS@longwood.edu to complete registration and to be considered for awards.
The format and guidelines for the abstract and research paper must adhere to the National JSHS Rules of Competition.
February 26, 2021 – Registration deadline
- All attendees (students, teachers, and guests) must register through CVENT.
- Those teachers requiring hotel accomodations contact Hotel Weyanoke at 434-299-8377 for reservations (block of rooms reserved for JSHS at Longwood)
- Students submit electronic version of final abstract and research papers by email to JSHS@longwood.edu.
March 5, 2021 – Schedule finalized
- All attendees notified with final presentation schedule
March 13, 2021 (Saturday) – Virginia Regional Symposium
- Virginia JSHS will be held at the Chichester Science Building at Longwood University in Farmville.
- Onsite registration and continental breakfast will be from 8:00 a.m. – 8:45 a.m. in Upchurch University Center, Soza Ballroom. Presentations will begin at 9:00 a.m.
April TBA, 2021 – JSHS National Symposium
- The 59th National JSHS will be held in April 2021.
- The Virginia JSHS will nominate up to five students to attend.