CITZN 110 Honors

The first honors class I took was my CITZN 110 class with Dr. Dudley-Shotwell. When I first saw my schedule included an honors class my first semester in college, to say I was nervous was an understatement. I didn’t know what to expect for college classes, yet alone an honors college class. The first day Dr. Dudley-Shotwell went over the schedule and really laid out the plan for the class which calmed my nervous. Each week we were expected to annotate an article or multiple and be prepared to discuss it. We would learn about the article further and then we would have a class discussion regarding it. I liked how we followed a schedule and I knew what to expect for each class. In the end, this ended up being my favorite class from first semester because we were allowed to input our opinions into the lessons and have other students respond to it as well. This was a very different classroom dynamic than I was used to, but I really enjoyed the freedom we had in this class.

Although this class had no test, it was made up by all our annotating. Each week we annotated articles, some as long as 26 pages. For our final project, we took one of our favorite topics from this class and expanded it. We created a syllabus for a new class based on that topic alone with several articles that correlated. I chose to focus on Japanese Internment in America, and through this project I learned so much I didn’t know before. Because of this, I have decided to attach my final project as my artifact because I am very proud of the outcome!

Loader Loading...

Download [350.44 KB]

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.