About Me

Hello! My name is Carrie Reaver and I am from Thurmont, Maryland. I attended Catoctin High School and am now a honors student at Longwood University.

I am majoring in Biology and have declared minors in Neurostudies and Chemistry. I have always had a love for science and since being at Longwood, that love has only increased. Not only I have enjoyed the various classes I’ve taken thus far, but I have had the opportunity to participate in various research programs with some incredibly insightful professors. I am looking forward to building my foundation in science as I hope to continue my education by pursing an M.D. after my time here at Longwood. After medical school, my dream is to practice as a neurologist or neurosurgeon with a large focus on clinical research in order to development treatments for neurological disorders.

I am also a member of the Women’s Soccer team. Since a young age, I have had a passion for sports and competition, but soccer has always been my favorite. I started off playing for a small, local recreational team, then joined a regional soccer club (through which I have made some of my most favorite memories), and I even competed with a state team during high school. Now I am fulfilling my dream of playing Division I soccer here at Longwood. It is an absolute joy to play alongside such great teammates and I have enjoyed continuing to develop my skills and competitive spirit. Being a student-athlete can sometimes be accompanied by challenges, but my love for the game, this school, and my team has truly been one of the most rewarding aspects of college so far.

Aside from academic and athletics, I enjoy reading, hiking, traveling, photography and spending time with family and friends.