Kins 320

Throughout the semester this class’s primary focus was on the different healthcare systems across the globe. The class went through 10 main healthcare systems Canda, the United States, Japan, United Kingdom, France, Italy, Brazil, Cuba, India, and Ghana. Through this class, I got to see what other countries incorporated into their healthcare systems. With every country, the eight-factor model was integrated. The eigh-factor model is a way people can determine if that healthcare system is truly provided access to care. The eight factors are, historical, structural, financial, prevention, intervention, major health issues, health disparities, and resources. During my in this class, I learned about the cultural and social factors that influence the performance of healthcare systems internationally, interpreted healthcare data from current literature, evaluated the reliability and validity of healthcare data, and identify the evolution of the healthcare systems in the United States and internationally. 

The class had had many projects throughout the time frame of this class. My favorite project I did was writing a paper on what was happening in a certain country during COVID-19. I wrote about Singapore and how they have changed their healthcare structure to fit into the COVID-19 crisis. From researching Singapore I learned a lot about how well they had handled that crazy situation and kept their citizens educated and safe.