Honors Sociology 331: Aging and life

During my time in this class, I have learned new information about the elderly population that will be very beneficial during my career. One of my favorite aspects of this class was reading the book Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters at the End (2014) by Atul Gawande. This book truly opened up my eyes to what life is like in the elderly population. The book taught me that as a population we need to be more welcoming to our parents when they start aging. With this semester being very difficult to finish I learned about social, cultural, economic, and political forces that the elderly adults experience. This class taught me how I need to treat the elderly population in a more positive mindset. I truly think I developed an appreciation for the diversity that aging brings to each and every one of us.

The class had one major project that was at the end of the class. We had to interview a person over the age of 55 for at least 30 minutes and then present it and make a research poster about what we had discussed in the interview. I interviewed my Mom about leadership in the workplace. I learned a lot from not only listening to all her stories but how to have an exceptional interview with someone I knew. I have attached my research poster about leadership in the workplace.

Loader Loading...
EAD Logo Taking too long?

Reload Reload document
| Open Open in new tab

Download [512.23 KB]