LSTU work

Work Samples

My students

As you probably know by now, I am going to be an Elementary School Teacher. I had the privilege to work with these wonderful kids for a week. A week does not seem like a very long time but I learned so much and developed a bond with each of them. I will always remember them as my “trial and error”. I knew for sure after that week that my heart belonged to Elementary Education.

The paper above is probably the longest, hardest and most dedicated that I have ever been. This paper was for my Sociology of Education class. Which I LOVED because it tied my minor and my major together beautifully. The assignment was to find a social problem in education and propose how you would go about fixing it. I chose student success and how I believe that student success begins with teacher quality. So I proposed a grant that is actually real to improve teacher quality. I would improve teacher quality with continuing education and high standards. Anyone can scoot through college and get a degree but not all are passionate about what they do and give students the bare minimum. I want to fix that.

Lesson Planning comes along with being a teacher and throughout my college career I have written MANY lesson plans. Above is my personal best that I worked really hard on. I studied the 4th grade SOL’s, picked one and ran with it. I created a whole lesson from a small piece of a SOL. I incorporated some learning, engagement, and fun. I think that all three are essential when trying to teach a group of students something.

mind map

The file above is my mind map that I did. This means a lot to me, it was my first ever mind map, I had no idea what I was doing and I think that it turned out beautiful. The assignment was to choose 3 disciplines to compare and contrast using the mind mapping skills. One was your minor and two others of your choice. I chose to compare my minor, sociology with history and literature. All three have many similarities as well as many differences as shown in my mind map.

These four pieces are some of my work that I take pride in and don’t mind showing off to the world.

No comments

The comments are closed.