Senior Letter

Dear Audrey,

I am so excited to see how far you have come since I have written this letter. Right now my biggest goal for the next few years is to become as involved as I can within this community. I was so anxious about even going out to club lacrosse practices, and I hope that you have taken the opportunity to get involved in things like greek life, SGA, ambassadors, or any of the other clubs Longwood offers. Maybe you’ve even started your own! I know that you will have gained the confidence to put yourself out there and that you must be shocked that you once felt the way I do now (intimidated).

I also hope that you have upheld your academic standing. My whole life good grades have come easily, but my first year of college proved that would not always be the case. I’m sure you’ve been challenged by your classes, and it makes me a little anxious just imagining them, but know that you should be proud of yourself and how far you’ve come because I’m sure you’ve done amazing.

My final hope is that you will have found yourself through service to others. Growing up I participated in volunteer activities with friends every once in a while for fun, or I did volunteer work in order to fulfill community service hours for a club. This is still good work, but I know there is more to helping others. I have spent much time over the past year contemplating who I am, and maybe losing myself in helping others will help me learn something that I never could have on my own.

I’m so excited to see who we turn out to be. I know you don’t have it all figured out either, but just know that we’re gonna do great.