English 210: Honors

Ever since I was in high school, I have been interested in 9/11 so when I learned that there was an English course that I could take that was dedicated to literature about 9/11, I was so excited. In this course, the professor gave us several readings that were not exactly about 9/11 but had central themes that tied to the event, such as war and personal security. When I thought about an English class, I mainly thought that only we would be reading books, but every class, the professor tied in movies, television series, and commercials that showed the same central themes as the books discussed. I loved learning about how to analyze the different texts and television shows to find the ways that these connected to the ideas taught in class. At the end of the semester, after finishing the readings, the professor assigned us a major project which could be on any topic that we wanted and any format that we wanted as long as it tied the readings to 9/11. I have attached below the personal narrative that I wrote for this project about how the events of 9/11 have changed my career and training as a First Responder.