Honors Classes

Microeconomics 217 HONS

Uber Presentation Reflection

November 12, 2018

By: Valerie Melton

This is the reflection based on a video that I filmed talking about Uber. In this video, I discussed the ways in which Uber drivers raise their rates based on the time of day and demand for rides. This reflection helped me recognize and record both my strengths and weaknesses throughout the video presentation. By pointing these instances out, I was able to get a better understanding of how to fix my mistakes.

First Year Foundations Course: Inquiry into Citizenship– Spaces for Seeing CTZN 110 

Citizen Midterm Presentation

August 28, 2018

By: Valerie Melton

The above attachment is my midterm assignment for my Citizen 110 Honors course. I enjoyed this class because all of the information and assignments were based on art, which is actually one of my hobbies. I believe that my strong interest in the subject matter of this course caused me to put my best effort into my assignments. This midterm assignment in particular, caused me to think outside of the box. We went on a few art museum trips and were required to take photos of the art, and then come up with a central theme. My theme related to how real life items and things that people use everyday can be made into extraordinary items.

Macroeconomics 218 HONS

Cryptocurrency Podcast

April 30, 2019

By: Valerie Melton

This is the script for one of the many podcasts that I was assigned during this class. The honors portion of this class included different types of podcasts. My professor gave us a rather broad topic, and with that topic I had to conduct research and come up with a script that I would later record and turn in for my professor to listen to and grade. By completing this podcast, I was able to gather information and piece it together. In doing so, I had to form a well thought out and planned talk show as well as show my creativity in how I organized the podcast.

First Year Foundations Course: Writing and Rhetoric ENGL 165

Personal Essay: Helicopter Parents

April 3, 2019

By: Valerie Melton

The attached file is the second essay I wrote in my freshman english foundations class. We wrote several different types of essays in this class, including research, personal essay, and one of our choice. I chose to include my personal essay because this is the one that I feel I did the best job on. I discussed areas of improvement with my professor before I turned in my essay, and he gave me a lot of helpful pointers that I used for my personal essay, as well as a few that will be useful for my future essays. This piece of writing forced me to come out of my comfort zone and write about something that I had never discussed  before. However, by doing so, I was able to show my true potential and write in a tone that I had never been able to express in previous papers.

Behavioral & Social Perspective: Love, Sex, and Friendship HONS

Friendships Through Social Media

March 16, 2020

By: Valerie Melton

During my second semester as a sophomore, I took an honors special topics philosophy course called Love, Sex, and Friendship. The attached file is a rewrite of the second paper I wrote called Friendships Through Social Media.

Business Ethics MANG 474 HONS

Loader Loading…

Marketing Sustainability Essay

November 15, 2020

By: Valerie Melton

This honors course was very interesting because I learned how to apply ethics into the business world. This type of knowledge is important for me to be aware of because you must remain ethical when dealing with business practices. Because it was an honors course, we had a main focus on the topic of sustainability throughout the course material. This important focus also gave me insight on how we can be more sustainable within the business world.

HONS 495 Special Topics: Global Engagement Through Scholarship and Citizenship

Professional Interview Overview*

January 7, 2021

By: Valerie Melton

Unfortunately I was unable to study abroad because of Covid-19, however, I had the opportunity to complete a virtual type of study abroad instead. I was very thankful for this opportunity to still learn about different types of cultures and how we can be more globally aware and accepting. This class taught me a lot about these lessons in regard to our planet as a whole and being respectful of others values and norms. I am very thankful that I still had the opportunity to virtually study abroad and learn as much as I did.