Letter to Senior Self

Dear Tyler,

I hope your time at Longwood has served you well. I hope the memories you have made and the friendships you have created will stay with you for the rest of your life. I really want to congratulate you. You have made it so far, and have worked hard for everything you have accomplished. I hope you continue to strive to be the best you can be, serving others and treating them kindly every step of the way.

As your past self, it is my hope you maintained your GPA and made Dean’s list each semester. I know you have maintained your Honors standing, but it is my hope you made an impact on the honors program in some way. I hope you gave back to a program that has given so much to you. Sometimes things happen, so if you didn’t quite achieve all you wanted, still be proud of the work you have done. Try not to be too hard on yourself in your perfectionist mindset.

I hope you have grown as a musician, in every music course you’ve taken. I hope you made your professors proud, and performed your very best in each concert or recital. I hope you led Route 15 to success, and grew your ability to teach others music in that kind of setting.

I hope InterVarsity grew the way you wanted it to. I hope the ministry impacted campus, and your time in leadership will be remembered. You pour a lot into everything you do, and I hope you took the time to allow others to pour into you as well.

I hope you were the best RA you could ever be, and connected with your residents in many different ways, allowing them to have a mentor and a friend all in one.

Overall, I hope you lived every single day like it was your last. You know all too well the struggles this world can bring, and the impact they can have. Keep studying, keep playing, keep singing, keep serving, and keep living. I hope you upheld your ideals relating to community, scholarship, and service, and continued to spread awareness and positivity in relation to each. I know how much you want to leave an impact, and I hope you have left an impact on Longwood University. I hope your legacy on campus is one of kindness, and joy. You have it in you to achieve everything you want, and I know you have done your very best to do so. I am proud of you.

Stay well,

-Tyler