A Letter To My Senior Self

Dear Future Laura,

I hope that over the next four years you have grown in your confidence and abilities. I hope that you are able to graduate with the knowledge that you can succeed in your career. I hope that you don’t give up on what makes you happy and that you work hard. I want you to continue to seek higher education while educating others. I want for you to find learning moments in every day and to encourage your future students to do so as well. Don’t ever stop participating in community theatre, for yourself and for others. Putting on productions and making other people feel the emotions of the show with you is something that you should not ever lose. I want you to continue to remain involved in the community, no matter where you end up. Keep seeing high school concerts and productions and show your support for the arts in school. Always give to those who have less than you, give them love if nothing else. I hope that you are able to teach your future students to love music and to express themselves through it. Mostly, I hope that you are able to make Longwood proud. Graduating and going into the real world seems really scary but I know that you have all of the tools you need to succeed if you work hard enough.