2.2 Analyze data quantitatively and draw appropriate conclusions

Being able to analyze data quantitatively and draw appropriate conclusions is a skill that takes a lot of work. My biology classes at Longwood have allowed me to work on this skill in numerous classes. One of my very first experiences with utilizing this skill was in my BIOL 250 class, intro to cell and genetics. For this class, we did article discussions, where we had to read a research article and then answer questions about it. This required me to be able to analyze the data discussed in the article, and then be able to interpret it and draw a conclusion from it. While the math in these research articles were already done, it is important to be able to understand and conclude from their quantitative results. This can be challenging to do, especially with more complicated research articles. I thought this class gave me a good first look into how to use this skill.

In my fall semester of senior year, I took BIOL 412, biochemistry. This class was much more advanced than BIOL 250, and required a solid understanding of how to analyze data quantitatively and draw conclusions. In my myoglobin lab report, I had to utilize this skill effectively. I believe these two artifacts truly show how much I have grown in analyzing quantitative data. This skill is something that stays with you forever once you learn it, and I think it will benefit me greatly in veterinary school.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1jmKWai_O0lQOBv5c3k-weKXupZFLJOgE