Special Education Advisory Committee, Teacher Representative August 2014- June 2017
• Advises the school division of unmet special education needs, assists the school division in recognizing needs for special education students, work with the school division to inform the community of monthly meetings, and monthly programs for teachers and parents as well as business meetings which the public is encouraged to attend.
VCU Clinical Faculty Member August 2014- Present
• The VCU Clinical Faculty Program is an initiative created and supported by the Metropolitan Educational Training Alliance (META), a partnership among area school systems and Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU).
• Provides a pre-service teacher experience with the opportunity to interact with teachers, paraeducators and support personnel in a collaborative atmosphere.
• Provides pre service teacher the opportunity to explore curricular approaches and instructional strategies, observe and discuss identification and assessment procedures.
• Provides the pre service teacher the opportunity to explore the development, monitoring, and evaluation of IEP’s and eligibilities.
• Provides the per service teacher the opportunity to assist with and teach individual and small group instruction as assigned by the cooperating teacher.