Post #6: Revising Organizational Messages

I have selected The Outdoor Adventure Store as my business that I will be analyzing and critiquing for my project. The Outdoor Adventure Store is a small business located in FarmVille, VA.

https://www.theoutdooradventurestore.com/

Analysis of the Website:

The website displays their products on the home page, therefore, the audience is able to make immediate decisions on purchasing the outdoor gear they sell. The story of the company is left unsaid. I believe when a business shares how they came about their company, buyers consumers are more intrigued to by their products, because they know the quality better. There is no specific speaker on the site, but there is a phone number for contact information. Anyone who enjoys the outdoors may find themselves on this site. While this business does attract people who prefer to spend their time outdoors, this limits them to more potential customers, because they only appeal to one particular group. They do, however, collaborate with several brands, such as Patagonia, The North Face, Life is Good, and more. I know for me personally, I am not constantly outdoors, however I love Patagonia’s clothing.

Improvement:

I would improve this site’s rhetoric by expressing my ideas to this company of how it can appeal to a larger audience. For staters, I would suggest that they implement the story of their company onto their site. I would also suggest that they showcase the brands that their store sells in a larger way, so that more people can see what they sell, and attract more customers. The uniqueness to this store is that it is located in FarmVille, VA. Their logo does not incorporate their location, therefore, I’d recommend that they include visuals of FarmVille into their logo.