Formal Report

The Formal Report was a collaborative project that allowed me to experiment in various types of visual design. This project was proven to be the most difficult because of the layout and the information that needed to be provided. While it was difficult, I did enjoy writing and analyzing websites in order to make an understanding of what needed to be included in the document. I also enjoyed learning how various websites worked and what is appealing in all aspects of use and design. Overall, I think that this project had me learn the most when it came to working with others and speaking to an audience about our ideas.

I feel that this project allowed me to complete all six course outcomes:

1. Analyze and produce writing genres commonly found in the professional world
  2. Create professional documents that use plain English
  3. Conduct research to create content for a variety of professional documents
  4. Create professional documents that uses design–standard formats, layout, use of graphics, etc.
  5. Practice oral communication skills to present content effectively
  6. Participate productively in collaborative projects

We learned how to write a document that would be used in a professional setting in order to improve a professional website and one that used language that would get right to the point. My group and I worked on researching websites that would allow us to put content in our report that would be relevant to the entire document and the audience. Before we turned in our final report, our group had to give a presentation that required us to use effective oral communication. This was so that our peers would understand what our report was about without having to read it. This project was also based around a group effort and required all teammates to collaborate together in order to come up with a final document.

Loader Loading...
EAD Logo Taking too long?

Reload Reload document
| Open Open in new tab

Download [2.04 MB]