Meet the Tutors

My name is Amber G. and this is my first year as a Lancer! I am a Communication Sciences and Disorders Major and I hope to one day become a Speech-Language Pathologist. My goal as a tutor is to help my peers and classmates to become more confident in their writing ability and more knowledgable about the writing process.

I’m Caroline P., a nursing major here at Longwood and I specialize in the APA writing style. I am new to the writing center and I am excited to work with fellow peers! My goal as a peer tutor is to help students feel confident about their writing and teach them skills to use for future assignments. I hope to help as many writers as I can, while learning new styles and techniques to better my tutoring abilities.

C WhiteMy name is Courtney W. I began tutoring at the Writing Center in the Fall of 2015. I am a criminal justice and psychology major, hoping to eventually get a job as a forensic psychologist.

ChloeMy name is Chloé W. and I’m a nursing major who specializes in APA. I have tutored here at the Writing Center since Fall 2015. My main goal for our tutoring sessions is for you to leave feeling you have learned how to help yourself for future papers and, most importantly, I want you to feel proud of the work you produce.

CassieMy name is Cassie T.. I am a double major in English and French. I hope to obtain a master’s in English and work in the publications field. I am the copy editor of The Rotunda and have assisted numerous peers with their writing assignments in both English and French. I specialize in AP and MLA styles.

dani

My name is Dani R. and I am a Junior music education major. I plan to teach high school choir and private piano lessons after graduation. I am excited to have joined the Writing Center team and to begin helping students reach the next level with their writing!

Emily B

My name is Emily B., I am a sophomore and I am a social work major. I am so excited to join the Writing Center team this year! I hope to not only help students improve their papers but to also improve their writing skills. My goal is to have each student leave the session feeling more confident in their paper and themselves as writers.

My name is Katie K. and I am a sophomore English major and Children’s Literature minor. I’m new here at the Writing Center and am very excited to help my peers grow as writers. My goal as a tutor at the Writing Center is to help students develop skills to make them successful writers and become more confident in their work.

My name is Laura J. and I am a sophomore majoring in French and ESL. I hope to teach abroad after graduating. As a tutor, I want to create a comfortable environment where you leave the writing center feeling ready to tackle current and future writing assignments.

Mary

My name is Mary B. and I’m an English major and Children’s Literature minor. I’ve been working at the writing center since the fall of 2017.  I’ve always had a passion for reading and writing as I hope to pursue a career in editing or publishing.

I’m Megan M. and I am a junior psychology major. I love animals, reading, yoga, and nature. I am passionate about English and enjoy helping others to create their best work and feel confident in their writing.

Marisa

Hi! My name is Marisa M. and I am a Liberal Studies major with a concentration in Elementary Education. I am new to the Writing Center but I am excited to start working and help as many writers as I can. I hope that each student leaves each session more confident about their assignment as well as their writing ability.

Hello, I’m McKenzie Y., a Senior here at Longwood University. I am a Communication Sciences and Disorders major with a minor in Special Education. I am new to the Writing Center, and excited to start working with my fellow Lancers. I am a horse enthusiast, enjoy spending time with elderly people, and have an obsession with pugs. Prior to being a CSD major, I was a criminal justice major. I have experience in both APA and MLA.

Hi, I’m Sara H.! I am an English major and a member of the Rotunda’s copy staff. I hope to have a career in editing after graduation. I love reading, writing, and dogs! My goal at the writing center is to help my peers have a better understanding of the writing process and help them improve their writing skills.