Letter To Senior Self

Dear Senior Self,

Wow, you are in your last year of nursing school. That is crazy!! While I am writing this it is the end of your freshman year and I am thinking about how quickly that went by. Unlike high school, it was more stressful but went by quickly.

At the beginning of your Freshman year, you wanted to leave and not come back. For two weeks you were without air conditioning and staying up past midnight trying to figure out how to get all your work done plus attend all your events. There were several phone calls home crying and needing words of encouragement. In the middle of the Fall semester, your random roommate moved out unexpectantly and for no reason. Next, your suitemates Sofia and Julia were constantly arguing causing Sofia to move and become my roommate. After all this chaos you started meeting friends in your classes, doing work together, and not going home as often. Longwood was finally feeling like home.

Now that you are nearing the end of your time at Longwood I hope you made the most of your time. I hope you were constantly studying for a nursing test and trying your hardest to be the best nurse possible. But, I hope you made lasting friendships, pushed yourself to be the best Sigma ever, and made a lasting impact on incoming freshman being a peer mentor. I hope throughout the week you worked your butt off studying, so you could go out on the weekend with your sisters and have a good time.

As I conclude this letter, remember to always follow the quote on your bracelet your parents gave you “Follow your Dreams.” You have had the dream of being a nurse since 8th grade and now you are so close. I am so very proud of you. I’m sure there were many nights of crying and wondering if this was the right major for you. Nothing will stand in the way of your dreams. Continue to chase them and make the most of your time.

Love,

Your Freshman Self