The Gay Agenda: Longwood University's Pride Club Newsletter

Welcome back! Some updates, shout outs, and goals

Hi everybody!

I’m so glad to be back with you this semester as Chair.  Last year was a struggle for  a lot of people and a variety of reasons, but we’re all here now.  We made it one more semester!  If you’re new here, welcome!  We’re so glad for new faces!  Here’s some tentative goals for this blog this year:

-I’d like to work more personally with our Social Justice department to keep you updated on events

-I’d like to work more closely with other diverse groups on campus and integrate Pride as a whole into the campus by being more involved and I’m fairly certain Executive board is keen on this, also, with other clubs’ involvement on the horizon.

-I’d like to hear more from you all on what we should do here, including Pride Media’s Youtube account.  (Thanks Ryan!)  Please feel free to email me or approach me with suggestions, I’m always open.

Jenny, our previous historian and our previous treasurer were excellent assets to Pride and I’m sure we’ll miss them dearly.  That said, I’d like to give my heartfelt congratulations to Ollie for their new position — Ollie, I’m personally so proud of you for stepping out of your comfort zone for us!! We appreciate you and are so proud of how far you’ve come in the past year alone.  Lastly, shout out to Pride Mom for always making time for us no matter how busy she is.

That’s it, except SCS might be a little bit erratic since I’ve covered the most used self-help techniques, but I’ll keep consistent content coming at least a few times a month!

Love you guys!  It’s a new day, let’s make it a great one!

Peace, love, and rainbows,

Whit

Newsletter Chair

(they/them pronouns)

Tag Cloud